How to backbend — an introduction – 29 March 2015
Date(s) - 29/03/2015
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
How to backbend — an introduction
with Margherita Dal Pra
Join Margherita to explore the beautiful and healing Art of Backbending.
Backbends are commonly known as “heart-openers”. Not only do we open the upper back and shoulders, heal the spine bringing greater flexibility, mobility, circulation and toning, we also work directly with the emotional, energetic and physical heart.
In all the classes of poses, backbends are the ones most healing for the spine and back. However without proper knowledge and alignment technique, they can be painful or become something we avoid or dread.
In this workshop, you will learn to love your backbends!
We will explore and fine tune our knowledge and alignment in backbending to unlock areas of our bodies, spine and hearts we have never unlocked before.
Margherita will guide you with precise alignment to get you in and out of backbends to experience how healing these poses can be, have a breakthrough in your own practice and have fun doing it.
We will learn to
- Open and release the lower back muscles,
- Through the integrity of aligning and strengthening the legs, find freedom from pain in the lower back.
- You will learn how to build strength and flexibility in your lower back safely.
- open the upper back and shoulders
- learn the proper alignment of the upper back and shoulders
- strengthen the upper back muscles open the chest
No matter what your level, be prepared to take your backbend practice to a whole new level.
The Life Centre Notting Hill, BOOK NOW CLICK HERE